We are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with transparency regarding the personal data that we collect.
SECTION 1 – WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
Our website collects your personal data in the following ways –
- If you decide to sign up for our mailing list, we collect your email address upon your submission.
- If you decide to purchase a product through our online store, we collect the information required to complete the sale which includes your billing and shipping addresses as well as your payment information. Note: We also use this information to communicate with you, and screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
When you visit gemsetlove.com, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse gemsetlove.com, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to gemsetlove.com, and information about how you interact with gemsetlove.com. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site).
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org .
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Device Information that is collected has only one purpose - to help us improve your customer experience.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you agree to enter a relationship with us, you are consenting. A relationship includes –
- Signing up for our e-mail list – By signing up for our e-mail list you are agreeing to receive newsletters and marketing announcements that we send periodically.
- Similar products alert – By submitting your email address for “Notify me of similar products” for a sold out item, you are agreeing to allow us to email you if we have a similar product you may be interested in.
- Facebook Messaging – By using the “message us” feature on our website, you are agreeing to allow us to contact you over Facebook messenger to answer your direct questions.
- Using checkout – By adding products to your shopping cart and entering your information in the checkout, you are agreeing to allow us to process your information to complete the sale. Checkout consent also includes:
- If you exit the checkout after entering your information without completing the sale, you have still initiated a relationship and we may contact you regarding your shopping cart, for example, we may send you an “Abandoned Cart” email with a reminder that you have left items in your cart.
- If you select the box next to “Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers” you are signing up for our e-mail list.
- If you enter your email or mobile phone, you are agreeing to receive updates about your purchase using that method.
- Amazon Pay – If you choose Amazon Pay during checkout you agree to temporarily leave our site and redirect to Amazon to complete your payment.
- If you choose “Save my information for a faster checkout” you agree that we can store your information to improve your ease of use the next time you use our checkout.
- Direct Email – If you use our contact form or email us directly, you are agreeing that you consent to allow us to respond to you and address your questions or concerns.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in to our e-mail list you change your mind, you can withdraw your consent by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our marketing mail pieces. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. If you would like to be removed from our system completely (for example, past sales data), you can make this request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR Compliance: If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable amount of time. You may also contact us in writing at:
Gem Set Love
720 NW 23rd Ave
Portland Oregon US 97210
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Gem Set Love is located in the United States and Shopify (our e-commerce service provider) is located in Canada.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so, if you violate our Terms of Service, or to protect our rights.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. located in Canada. They are our e-commerce service provider which means that they provide us with the software and security that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. They are GDPR and PCI compliant. Shopify now permits full account deletion in in compliance with GDPR regulation. If you would like your account deleted, you will make your request by contacting us and then we, Gem Set Love as the merchant, will contact Shopify on your behalf to complete your request.
Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s
Terms of Service https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
Privacy Statement https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We do not sell or use your information for anything other than what it is intended for.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we use Shopify who follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
As mentioned earlier in regards to Device Information, by using our site you consent to allow us to collect cookies from your device, browser, and your experience with our website. We collect cookies primarily for your Shopify experience and secondarily for our Google Analytics data retention which allows us to review the general behavior of our website to make improvements.
Examples of Shopify Cookies include – Session ID/unique tokens which allow you to have a customized experience as a guest. This includes adding an item to your temporary Wishlist. It also includes adding items to your shopping cart so that they are still there when you are ready to check out. Shopify also tracks your activity with a series of visitor-related cookies that tell us how long you stayed on the website, how many times you have recently visited, and what page you used to enter the site.
Examples Google Analytics Cookies includes – Demographics such as country, state, and the city of the device IP that you used to access gemsetlove.com. Google Analytics also tracks the pages you visit, how long you stay on those pages, entrance and exit pages, the browser you use, and the type of device you used to access the site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by physical mail at:
Gem Set Love
RE: Privacy Request
720 NW 23rd Ave
Portland Oregon US 97210