Austro-Hungarian Bracelet Lapis and Pearl Bracelet

Add to Wishlist

Renaissance Revival was a popular style during the Victorian
period. The majority of this jewelry was created between 1860 and 1910 in work shops in Austria-Hungary. Austria-Hungary was a constitutional union of the Empire of Austria and the Apostolic Kingdom of Hungary that existed from 1867 to 1918. The pieces they created are beautifully detailed on the front, and often feature equally beautiful detail and
whimsical designs on the back.

Deep Blue Lapis cabochons adorn the top of each link of this bracelet. The gilded silver of each link has floral designs and is further adorned with strands of seed pearls. Every bit of the surface is decorated, there are even flowers on the little links in between. The back of the bracelet has hand engraved details and the back of the clasp has a fancy cutout design. The tongue of the clasp has a dogs head hallmark for Austro-Hungary 800 silver.

Measurements: The central Lapis measures 2cm long and the center plaque measures 4cm x 4.5cm. The bracelet measures 7.5" long

Condition: Good vintage condition, with some light wear in keeping with its age.

Era: Circa1880.